Question about Ebay

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by waynechriss, Oct 22, 2009.

1. waynechriss macrumors regular

So i'm putting up a macbook on Ebay for a bidding and so far i didn't get anything. Someone messaged me asking me how much i wanted to straight up buy it. So that begs me the question, how do you change an item from being a bid to being a straight up purchasable product? I ask this because this is my first time selling on ebay.

[snip]

Please help thanks!

2. rdowty macrumors 6502a

rdowty

When you list and item on eBay it can be an auction or fixed price. I prefer fixed price to make sure something doesn't get sold for a song although auction prices get pretty crazy when there's a bidding war.

To answer your question change your listing to fixed price. I'm pretty sure you can do that but worse case you can end your current listing and relist it to get that format.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

You are welcome to ask this question in the generic, but you may not post your eBay link here because it violates our Marketplace rules. Our rules are available for review by clicking FAQ/Rules in the upper left of any forum page.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

As long as no one bids you can change every part of your listing.

5. waynechriss thread starter macrumors regular

Ebay rules say i can't sell items at a fixed price until i get a minimum feedback of 5. So i guess that means i have to get slightly reputable before i can do that? i'm trying to revise the item to make it a fixed pay but it doesn't give me the option to change it.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Oh I did not know that. It's been a long time since I've been "new" at eBay.
    Guess bidding it is. Can you put a reserve on?

7. waynechriss thread starter macrumors regular

I think? I dunno i'll have to check that out.

So what happens when the bidding process ends and no one has bidded? Is it up for grabs at the starting price? If that's the case can i set the bidding to only 3 days to end it sooner?

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Unless you close the auction, then yes, any bid (or any bid above reserve if you've set one) will win the merchandise.