Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mloffa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2009
So I'm going to be getting the air tomorrow night and I just have a question.
I'm going into my first semester of college this spring (January) and I'm really looking forward to having a small/lightweight computer!
The thing is, I don't have any proof.
I didn't start yet so no I.D., schedule..
I don't even have a letter of acceptance yet.
The school had my address wrong but I called and I was accepted.

Any advice?
I mean, it's no big deal if they don't let me.
It's only $50 but it could help with some of the tax.
:eek:

Bulldog3777

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2009
Ed Discount

Depends on which employee you get. My son went into the Apple Store and just told the employee that his dad was a teacher. He said no problem and sold him the MBA. I was driving to visit my son later in the week and wanted to get one before they sold out. I would say tell them your story and see what happens.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
I just tell them I am an educator and rarely ever have to show an id. I don't think they will require it if you tell them your story. You may as well get it as it's $50 of real money. That's enough for iWork or an external drive or some rainy day funds.

zstar

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I'm starting college next year around March and I just got a fully loaded 13" last Sunday from the apple online store. No verification even though I am not officially allowed to buy since I only get my ID next year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.