Question about Elago S4 Breathe case..

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by miragebg, Dec 21, 2012.

1. miragebg macrumors 6502a

Guys,
    I am about to buy this case for my 4S.
    My only doubts are if it is going to scratch my antenna band?
    As it is made of hard plastic, what are your observations and suggestions about it?

2. miragebg thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. dinggus macrumors 65816

Why would a case scratch it? Isn't it suppose to protect it?

4. miragebg thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ask those who bought Apple Bumper... it's hard plastic nature scratched a lot of phones..you can take a look on the web.
    A lot of hard plastic cases do damages to the sides of the iPhone.

5. robertk328 macrumors regular

robertk328

It will. Or at least it can.

I love the look and feel of the elago but doesn't offer much protection and dust/dirt/lint will get trapped and scratch the antenna band. Happened to me from keeping it in my pants pocket. If you take it off and clean it daily maybe not but stuff gets trapped in there.

Does the same with my Speck Fabshell but its so tight it doesn't get in and just sits at the edge. Remove it and clean then reinstall.

6. cyberpigg macrumors newbie

It def. wont offer drop protection but if you want something thin, this is a pretty good case. I posted some pictures to give an idea. Sorry for the bad quality, it's from my macbook pro. Don't have access to DSLR at the moment.

There was some dust after I removed it to check for scratches. Didn't see any scratches after removing the case. I've had it for about a week now.

I liked the soft feel plastic over the hard plastic feel type cases. The colors vary between soft feel and hard plastic (shiny?) feel.

Attached Files: