Question about Email with ios 7 and Ipad Air

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by SoundMan, Nov 2, 2013.

1. SoundMan, Nov 2, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013

SoundMan macrumors member

Hi folks

So I bought a I pad Air yesterday upgrading from my Ipad 1 and have a question about email.

So my Ipad 1 was running IOS 5 as I wasn't able to upgrade to ios 6 and wasn't sure if the email display feature was in that update.

Here's my problem with ios 7 all my 8,000 emails display now.

I've looked under settings and can't see anywhere to allow 50 emails to display or 100 like in ios 5. Did apple remove this feature? or how can I activate it.

Is there anyway so I don't have all my emails being displayed?

thanks for your time and help

SD

2. stisdal macrumors 6502

stisdal

Go to; Mail, Contacts, Calendars, then scroll down to 'Sync'. You can then select how many months to sync to your device.

Not exactly what you requested as far as a number of emails, but it should get you in the ballpark...

EDIT: sorry, my bad, the months to sync are for the calendar. You seem to be correct that you cannot 'limit' the number of mail items...

3. SoundMan thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I find it very strange too,Is this another glitch in IOS 7 and was that feature still around in IOS 6?. I can't even ask apple about this because when I login I need a username but says I already have a name to that email account.

Thought maybe other members found a walk-around to the mail issue.

4. stisdal macrumors 6502

stisdal

I can limit the emails on my exchange account to week / month. (Work iPhone 5 on IOS 7) Possibly an exchange thing?

5. jenzjen macrumors 68000

No longer possible unless you use Exchange, as work around move all emails older than X into a folder. Doesn't help going forward but prevents the need to sync 1000s of old messages

6. Jambalaya macrumors 6502a

This sounds like a memory hog, so iPad iOS7 is going to have all your emails and their large attachments synched ?

(I too am an iPAd1 user will upgrade to an Air but this is a negative as I have a number of meal accounts home and work, the work ones especially have lots of attachments)