Question about Endnote on Parallels

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Thunderbird, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Thunderbird macrumors 6502a

Thunderbird

Does anyone know whether Endnote (for Windows) installed on Parallels would need to use a Windows-based web browser for searching and updating? Or could it use Safari? Is it possible to set Safari as the default web browser on a Windows program running on Parallels?

Just trying to decide which platform of Endnote to buy (Windows or Mac), as I don't use a Mac word processor and would rather use Safari and not Internet Explorer for Endnote's searching function.

I emailed Endnote with this question the other day and still waiting for their reply. In the meantime, just thought I'd try and ask anyone on here.

Thanks.

2. xialutron macrumors newbie

Well I am not sure I will be able to fully answer but for instance, I have set up my parallels in a way that all the pages or links are directly open in macos.
    For instance if I am on WLM and I click on an ad, the ad is going to open on mac.
    So it's should be the same for your soft except if it's designed to open with a specific browser.
    have you ever try to use it with a different default web browser ? Is it always opening with the same browser ?