Question about Ethernet configuration in Mav.

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by expat42451, Jan 28, 2014.

1. expat42451 macrumors regular

I am currently in Ecuador helping friends with a network problem. Using a late 2011 13" MBP with Mav 10.9.1. Been responsible for a bit of design and configuration on a roll your own router using IP Cop and a D Link DES 3028 managed switch.

In all of this one thing that is an irritant is having to manually go to system properties/internet/ethernet every time I change connections from one to another for using either telnet or a GUI.

Question is this- we can set up all manner of wifi connections with wi-fi...is there any way to set up and name custom connection configurations using Ethernet or is there some sort of add on tool that makes this possible? The Microflaccid boyz that are responsible for Windoze have customizable ethernet configurations -- or have I just not found the way into being able to do this yet??

Any suggestions would be appreciated. When I have to jump back and forth between the router and the switch it gets to be a pain to always have to go back and re configure the connection considering I am working with static IP's in several places. What else would be nice is some sort of icon in the task bar signifying a connection and traffic.

Thanks

Expat

2. expat42451 thread starter macrumors regular

Hate to seem stupid but will admit it when I have not looked far enough. Found the way to do this and it is actually upon inspection very evident. Easy to create custom connections...now just wish I could figure out how to get that icon in the task bar.......

Expat