Question about existing ATT microsim

Discussion in 'iPad' started by zankarne, Sep 24, 2011.

1. zankarne macrumors newbie

Hey :)

Last year in October I got myself an ATT microsim for use in my EU iPad. Everything worked like a charm, but I forgot to cancel the plan after activation. :rolleyes:

I'm flying back to the US next week and planned on using my sim again with a prepaid visa. But before I try to reactivate it I wanted to ask if it'd be better to just get a new sim before I run into any troubles.

Thanks for any responses. :)

2. poloponies macrumors 68030

Why would you need to cancel a SIM? It's only active for the period you pay for, it's not like it keeps billing you.

3. zankarne thread starter macrumors newbie

ATT sent me an email shortly after my vacation, that my prepaid CC was denied for another subscripton.

I found the mail, here is the text:
    Sat 30/10/2010 15:14

4. KevinC867 macrumors 6502a

By default, the AT&T iPad dataplan renews each month. If you just want it for one month, you can cancel the renewal immediately after starting the plan.

Since your credit card denied the renewal charge, I'll bet they just processed it like a cancellation. After two months without service, accounts are reset and need to be set up again from scratch. That's probably all you need to do to continue service with your existing SIM.

5. zankarne thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reassurance KevinC867 :)

I'll just try it with a new CC and if it's not working I hope that ATT still gives away free micro sims :)