Question about External HDDs

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mystikal, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

I have a Dell laptop set up to an external hard drive so I can watch movies. I have set it up so I can connect to the laptop to watch the movies. Is there any way I can see the external HDD through my mac? I tried creating a shortcut, but since OSX cant read .ink files, it doesnt work.

Any suggestions?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Share it via the network and Sharing preferences of the HDD.

[​IMG]

Even though some might get annoyed of reading this, the thread title guy strikes again:

A more descriptive and precise thread title will help cater to the right audience and get you more responses.
    To edit your thread title, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.

Have you also taken a look at http://mroogle.*************/MRoogleSmall.gif, since that question may have been asked several times?

Example: How to share external HDD via/connected to Windows for my Mac?

3. Mystikal thread starter macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Obivously. Thanks man. I wasnt too sure how to word that into google.

4. Mystikal thread starter macrumors 68020

Mystikal

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

So you used the CONNECT TO SERVER command in Finder, input the Dell's IP and nothing happened?

Could you see your Dell before? Maybe the IP has changed. To find out you can either use the Command Prompt in Windows and the command ipconifg /all or via the network icon in the taskbar. If you have Windows 6 and 6.1 though I don't really know. Have you followed any specific guides maybe?

[​IMG]

Okay then.