Question about face chat

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mikeyiphone, Jun 12, 2010.

1. mikeyiphone macrumors regular

Do you think there will be some type of identification in contacts that will tell us who has face chat?

I have the app, whats app, and it basically creates a list of anyone in my contact group automatically with the whats app, app. Hoping that face chat may have a similar system.

2. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

in contacts it lists who has an iphone and if u saw the keynote in one it also said iPhone 4, instead of saying mobile it will say iphone 4 or iphone. so i guess yes

3. HA5TY macrumors member

yeah, I'm pretty sure it will.
    If u watch this video it says calling iPhone 4 under the persons name so ur phone obviously knows what kinda phone the person has.
    YouTube

4. mikeyiphone thread starter macrumors regular

I have to manually label who has an iPhone in my contacts. Even after that there is no way to browse all my contacts who have an iPhone as a whole in the contact list. My favorites list identifies what type of phone number like mobile, iPhone, work etc.

Whats app makes a favorites list of anyone who has the same app as you so it makes contacting those with the app easier. It automatically updates the list.

Its not a huge deal i was just wondering how we could tell other then someone verbally expressing it.

South or North shore DR K?

5. mikeyiphone thread starter macrumors regular