Question about FCE keyframes

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by iAussie, Jan 9, 2008.

1. iAussie macrumors member

I've got a pretty simple question about Final Cut Express, unfortunately its not really an easy question to actually explain. I'm planning on buying FCE4, but I havent been able to try it out in a shop or anything to see if I can do this...

What I'd like is to have 2 photos one after another in my timeline, say 5 seconds each, and both with movement (pan, zoom, rotation etc). Then if I add (for exaple) a 2 second cross dissolve transition between the pics (so that would run from the 4 to 6 second marks on the timeline), can I still put a motion keyframe for the first image at the 6 second mark in the time line? In other words, keep the movement of the first image going until the very end of it fading out and the 2nd image being 100% opacity, even though that point would no longer be within the original 5 second length of the first image?

I hope that made sense, I could do this back when I used Premier Elements but it was a bit fiddly so I just wanted to be sure FCE4 could do this. Let me know if I can clarify my question any further, thanks!

2. -DH macrumors 65816

Yes. But if you're using a 1 second (30 frame) dissolve, you'll want to place the keyframe 15 frames after the OUT point of one image and 15 frames before the IN point of the second image.

-DH