Question about find my iphone using mobileme

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by londonmystery, Jul 19, 2009.

1. londonmystery macrumors 6502

londonmystery

Is it possible to use find my iphone for 2 iphones and if yes how do I do it???

Thanks for any help.:):)

2. jontucker macrumors 6502

Yes, just sign in to your MM account on both and make sure you turn on Find My iPhone.

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

That probably means two accounts (one per iPhone) and $99 per (or $59 if you Google it).

4. sparky7 macrumors member

5. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Ooohh, I learned something new today. Today is a good day... :D

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

It's ok to say 'I don't know' from time to time.

Particularly when your wild guess tells someone to throw away $99 on something he doesn't need.

One account will track all the phones that are synced to that account.

7. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I wouldn't exactly call it wild. You can get MobileMe for about $60-65 online, and the family pack limts the accounts to 5GB only, so there is a little more to the story...

8. jontucker macrumors 6502

[rhetorical]Why would you guess (and incorrectly at that) after someone has already answered the question correctly!?[/rhetorical]

Jon is confused.

9. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

[not rhetorical] Because I am human and I can make a mistake. As a MobileMe user I missed the Family Pack option as I've used it for the past several weeks, and I answered based on my understanding but qualified it with "probably". If you guys are so freaking perfect that you never make mistakes and every single post is God's honest and accurate truth, then good for you. Some of us are flawed carbon based life forms and are bound to screw up once in a while.[/not rhetorical]

It is me, or is the environment on this thread a bit on the hostile side? This air of superiority is most unfortunate...

[sarcastic] I will be sure to edit my profile with the following sig...

The preceding post may not be 100% accurate. Please read at your own risk... [/sarcastic]

10. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Find My iPhone works with unlimited iPhones. There can be 50 iPhones listed in there. Just make sure they all have different names so you know which one gets lost.

Each phone doesn't need it's own MobileMe account.

We have five iPhones and they all show up under the same MobileMe find my phone.

11. londonmystery thread starter macrumors 6502

londonmystery

have setup mobile me on second handset and find my iphone works.

thanks guys. :):)

Is it possible to have all phones showing at once on find my iphone or just 1 at a time???

12. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Every iPhone that you have turned on will be listed in MobileMe.

13. jontucker macrumors 6502

I haven't done it personally but from memory I believe (take note ZBoater that do not claim to be 100% every time!) that it show's you a map for each iPhone connected so basically it repeats what is displayed for 1. If you're asking if all phones can be displayed on 1 map then no, I think not. But you can see where they all are on 1 page.

14. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

The point is, it doesn't have to be a family account. An individual mobileme account will show ALL IPHONES that have that mobileme account on it. No need for a family account.

15. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Greetings fellow carbon based life form!!! :D

I wonder though if setting multipe iPhones on the same account wouldn't open up the possibilty of contact and calendar spaghetti if someone flipped the wrong switch and turned on something other than just the Find my iPhone feature? :confused:

16. londonmystery thread starter macrumors 6502

londonmystery

I thought the same ZBoater so was very careful when setting up the second iphone.
    all seems to be working perfectly.
    Both iphones showing up on the same page on findmyiphone.
    Perfect...
    Thanks for all your help guys. Oh and to ZBoater you were quite right in your original post, could have setup another account or even family account. this way is just much cheaper and was what I was really hoping for.

Cheers again all.:):)

17. jontucker macrumors 6502

That's not using FMIP for 2 phones though is it, that's using individual MM accounts on individual iPhones (even the Family pack option would be an entirely separate account). Glad you've got it sorted though...