question about free ipod touch deal

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by seahawks237, Aug 4, 2008.

1. seahawks237 macrumors newbie

i am going to be a junior in high school, can i apply for the free ipod touch?
    thanks

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

3. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

I don't think so, but you can always trick them into thinking you're in college.

4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

no, you need to be a college student or educator to qualify for the discount.

5. seahawks237 thread starter macrumors newbie

that kinda sucks. i wonder why that is? my sister is gonna be a senior in high school and she pretty much knows where she is gonna go to college so i'm just gonna say its for her for college.

6. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

sadly, she doesn't qualify for the discount either, but she will once she gets accepted into a school.

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Also if you buy with her discount, she can't get one…

And you have to be accepted to be eligible. ;)

8. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

also appl does random checks to see if you are a student. ive had to fax proof of enrollement and student id's before

9. popeyedot macrumors newbie

I ordered a black macbook with a free iPod Touch on Thursday. I called beforehand to see what type of verification was needed for the deal, the Apple rep told me NONE!! :eek:

I ordered mine online, so all you do is order thru the Education Store on Apple's site or phone it in. :cool:

Beware though, my friend bought in-store and had to cough up an acceptance letter... :(

BTW, I got my iPod touch this morning and LOVE IT!!! I can't wait for my macbook, wish that they would've shipped together,. but it's custom :D

:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

10. mixmacface macrumors regular

mixmacface

true. if you do use her discount, she won't be able to get one. and what if they do ask for some verification? where are you then?

11. ib4walrus macrumors regular

If you know any other college students like cousins or something you can also use there discount if they don't use it. An Apple salesman when I was in the store suggested to a high school student to run to Hollister and ask if anyone was willing to give her their discount. :rolleyes: