Question about free tshirts at leopard launch party

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cwc123188, Oct 25, 2007.

1. cwc123188 macrumors regular

Do you have to purchase in store to get the t-shirt? or do you get it just going to the store to test-drive it? because to me the message below from apple doesn't seem to mention anything about a purchase....:)

Leopard arrives Friday, October 26.
    The world premiere of Leopard, the biggest upgrade to Mac OS X, is October 26. And on that big day, the Apple Retail Store is the place to be. Join us from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. and be the first to experience the world’s most advanced operating system. And if you’re one of the first 500 guests, you’ll go home with a special edition Leopard T-shirt. See you there.

thanks!

2. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

3. JSchwage macrumors 6502a

JSchwage

According to the latest news post on Apple's website, the first 500 people to show up at any Apple store will get free t-shirts.

4. joeloud macrumors newbie

That's what I was thinking. Someone on the forums said you probably have to buy Leopard to get the shirt, but I don't think he knew for sure. I was interested in going just for the shirt (I bought it online already, and I'll have it at my door tomorrow afternoon), but since they'll only have large (I'm 6'6", so it probably won't fit), I'm probably going to skip it.

5. Half Glass macrumors regular

I called yesterday because I pre-ordered my copy due to work schedule. Apple said first 500 people, no purchase required.

--HG

6. Kace macrumors regular

Well down here in sydney we dont have an apple store.
    Though the re-seller has free t-shirts for the first 40 people who purchased leopard.
    In case you're wondering its a black t-shirt with the same artwork as the DVD.
    on a side note, so far so good. all my development apps along with most adobe software and FCS work perfectly.
    Much better transition than tiger.

7. seany916 macrumors 6502

8. GyOzA macrumors newbie

It says "First 500 guests" instead of customers, so I suppose you don't have to buy anything, no?

9. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

You get the T-shirts given to you as you go through the door, no purchase is necessary, though I ended up buying a new mini :)

There's also a choice of sizes, usually they are one size fits all (meaning XL) and they are packed in a plastic bag instead of the usual box.

10. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

11. rworne macrumors 6502

I got two, one for me and one for my daughter.

I stopped in hoping for one of those rare 10% off sales that have usually accompanied OS X releases. No sale, no upgrade. :( But i got two free shirts.

But the store manager said to stop in on Black Friday, there may be a sale then... :rolleyes:

12. Ariez macrumors regular

Yikes...BF is horrible. Plus even if there was a sale, the manager sure wouldnt know about it at this time.

13. jessep28 macrumors 6502

jessep28

No, they were given away free. I stopped in 1hr before Omaha's closed and they still had like 2 boxes full. If you don't live in a major city, you may still be able to go down and get one.