Question about FrontRow.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by EnvyV07, Jun 14, 2008.

1. EnvyV07 macrumors member

Hello,

For the movies part of frontrow, is there a way I can set front row to read my external device as that is where I have my couple movies...

Thanks.

2. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

I believe you are able to create an alias to the folder on the 2nd drive them put that in your movies folder which frontrow will see...

3. thenetstud macrumors member

I am pretty sure that Frontrow just reads from iTunes what you have for Movies, TV Shows & Music. So if you have it added into iTunes chances are Frontrow will play it.

4. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

Though i dont use frontrow at all anymore, I did play around with it a little when I was running tiger and it does grab your iTunes content, but it also goes through your movies folder in your user folder.
    Because I did use an alias for that then, though it may have been for each individual movie I cant recall.

However another option would be for you to find the movies you want, then drag them into iTunes while holding the option key (I think, but it may be the command key) and it will add the movie to iTunes without actually copying the video into your iTunes folder

5. JW008 macrumors 6502

I keep my movies on an external drive and this is exactly what I do. It doesn't copy the movie to the internal drive, but lets you watch it from your external drive.

6. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

The keyboard shortcut it cmd+option while you are dragging the files...

7. EnvyV07 thread starter macrumors member