Question about Game Center

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dvir971, Apr 12, 2011.

1. dvir971 macrumors regular

dvir971

Lets say I have old iOS that is not compatible with GameCenter. I played games and for example got many achievements in these games but not on game center (because I have no game center in my iOS) but in the game's private social network. Now, if I'll upgrade my iOS to 4+ and have a game center, when I'll play the game it will sync the achievements to the game center or they will stay only in the game's private social network and I'll can't unlock them in the Game Center?

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Nope, as far as I know, Game Center is its own thing. It has nothing to do with, and is not connected at all to all the other third-party achievement boards.

3. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

That's correct, none of your 3rd party achievements will work with game centre.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

The other posters are right, but they're also missing something.

If the game you play has its own networked score-sharing system then, yes, they're right. That will never sync to Game Center. They're doing their own thing and that's that.

But if you're playing a game that does use game center (like, say, Angry Birds) then when you upgrade from a backup your new phone will get your Angry Bird scores and then when you log into Game Center it will upload those Angry Bird scores you've achieved in the past.

So the real answer is: It depends on the game.

5. dvir971 thread starter macrumors regular

dvir971

Acctually when I posted this thread I ment angry birds.....
    So you say that if i got 3 stars in all levels and the score addict achievements I will get them too in the game center when ill connect?

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

This is all I really know:

When I play it on an airplane I get lots of scores that can't be transmitted to the Game Center. When I open Angry Birds at home later, I see that Game Center has updated with the scores I got while in Airplane Mode.

So although I haven't upgraded from an old phone like you're talking about, I feel reasonably certain that doing so would be just like if you'd played in Airplane Mode for the last year.

I've never done this, but I don't see why it wouldn't work that way.

7. dvir971 thread starter macrumors regular

dvir971

OK, I hope it works