question about game center

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Damian83, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Damian83 macrumors member

i noticed that after removing a game from iphone, u can also delete it from gamecenter. does it mean that it also delete achievements unlocked and related points?

2. charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

Yes it removes all the Game center achievements. I recommend you don't remove them from gamecenter. The gamecenter stats barely take any space on the phone.

3. Damian83 thread starter macrumors member

i love achievements in games so i dont want absolutely remove them. however im also a completionist, and i hate games with glitched achievements. its a good thing that u can remove them then. on xbox live u can remove only games with 0 achievements unlocked. and what happens if i change iphone? the achievements are also stored online and not only locally on iphone right? and if i remove a game then i download it again? unlocked achievements re appears?

4. wickerman1893 macrumors 6502

wickerman1893

If you just select to remove the app, afterwards it asks you to delete from Gamecenter or not. If you do that it'll remove all your stats so don't do that unless you want to remove all your history.

5. charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

If you change iphones all the achievements will be erased, unless you restore from an iTunes or iCloud backup. If you restore from a backup everything will be identical in the new phone.

If you remove a game and re-install, it will be dependent of the game. Gamecenter can communicate both ways, but most games only send data and do not read the stored data.