Question about Genius Bar stock...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by geneticfusion, Jun 25, 2010.

1. geneticfusion macrumors member

Does Apple have a separate stock for people wanting to exchange their iPhone due to problems? Also, would it be possible to get a new sealed phone instead of them just swapping out the 2 phones since it would be so close to release?

2. Torq macrumors regular

Right now the only difference between the replacement phones and the new ones is the packaging they are shipped to Apple in, i.e. the replacements are NEW right now (assuming we're talking iPhone 4).

3. BIG BOSS macrumors member

BIG BOSS

They are new phones. They are sealed in a plan black box. The Mac Genius opened two for me yesterday when I took my iPhone 4 in for reception issuses. They both had the same problem as mine so I ended up keeping the one I got.

4. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

Yep. Mine came out of the plain black box. Took mine in for a stuck + button.

5. VicX macrumors member

VicX

all right, mine still not shipped yet.. :( u guys can just swap whatever u want

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Since the iPhone just came out yesterday (officially), it is to earlier for Apple to already have refurbished iPhones in stock. so the ones in the plain box are still brand new (no previous owners), so you should be fine.