Question about getting a job at the Apple Store

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by anamznazn, Sep 5, 2008.

1. anamznazn macrumors regular

anamznazn

There is an Apple store that's opening (october-ish) at a mall near my area and I'm trying to get a position there. I've asked the mall customer service for an application but they told me to go to apple's website. Anywho, I've applied online at apple.com/jobs about a month ago. I recently resubmitted my application again just for safe measures.

My question is how does Apple go about hiring people for upcoming new stores? They do call, email, etc...and is it normally a few weeks before they open or a few months? I'm just really curious about it all since I'm out of college now and I'm currently looking for a job. I know I'm able to fit their image perfectly fine, so that's not the problem.

2. da2005pizimp macrumors 6502

I would apply and then try and find out who the hiring manager will be and call to make sure they got your app. I know nothing about there hiring process but i do know that if you call to follow up alot of employers like that.

3. spikespike macrumors member

Yeah just call and ask. Put your interest and your name in their head. Eventually you will be invited in for a mass interview and then for a specific interview.