Question about getting a replacement iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wcc17, May 16, 2011.

1. wcc17 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I am taking my sort of broken iPhone 4 in to try and get it replaced. Since both the black and white iPhone 4s are both the same price and all, do you think I could ask for a replacement iPhone that is white, instead of the black one I have now? Or is that completely out of the question lol.

Also, do I need to restore my iPhone to default settings before I go, or will they do that for me?

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

They'll replace your iPhone with another black one only. If your iPhone is jailbroken, then you should restore it.

3. Iphull macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

They can transfer the contacts, but save your photos on your computer. I'd back up the iPhone on iTunes before taking it in. DELETE ALL SENSITIVE INFORMATION. Then restore the ophone to factory contition. They don't guarantee that the info on the old phone will be erased immediately.

Of course, all games will be erased, as well as the super high scores. Your friends will just have to believe you.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Out of the question, they wont replace it with a white one.