Question about googlemail and labels...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jabingla2810, Jan 13, 2010.

1. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

Howdy Folks,

Ive had googlemail set up on my phone and working great for months now, but something has always niggled me a bit.

Is it at all possible to hide the labels for "all mail", "spam", and "starred"?

No settings either on the phone, or laptop seem to do the trick!

They just take up space, and force me to scroll down to get to my own custom labels, which can be annoying.

Anyhow, thanks in advance if you can help me at all :)

2. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

Go to Gmail from your computer and go to "manage labels." there should be "more" right under the list of labels on the left side. From here, you an show or hide what ever you want.

3. jabingla2810 thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks for the reply, but I dont seem to have a "more" link under my list of labels on the left hand side.

I should have said, im in the UK using a @googlemail.com account, not a @gmail.com account.

Im not sure what the differences are really, or if it makes a difference at all.

Hmmm, maybe us UK users dont get the same options? :confused:

4. superflush macrumors 6502a

I thought you were complaining about labels overall, and I was gonna say just use the standard Mail app as there are no labels there.

But I'm not sure if you can delete those standard labels.

Now I think I realize that you are talking about the standard mail app, when you are in "Mailboxes"

5. superflush macrumors 6502a

If jabingla is using the standard Mail app, then I don't think that translates over to that ... and it looks like it doesn't translate into Safari GMail on the iPhone either.

I doubt that is the issue.

6. superflush macrumors 6502a