Question About Graphs in Health App

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by varsityhero, Jul 12, 2014.

1. varsityhero macrumors regular

I have a question about the Health app. So on the graphs, there are numbers on the top right and bottom right corners. I've attached a screenshot with arrows. Where are those numbers coming from and what do they mean? I don't get why the bottom numbers are negative. This might be a silly question but I'm stumped. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. ffnc1020 macrumors member

I'd assume that they are the scale of your chart, the negative number just indicates that the bottom of the chart is that negative value. The plot of your data doesn't necessarily have a negative value. I think it is from some poorly designed auto scaling which apple should just use 0 as the least value on y axis or at least indicate where 0 is.

3. varsityhero thread starter macrumors regular

I figured as much it was a scale of the graph. Hopefully this issue is fixed as I certainly don't have a day where my steps were -1915 or even as high as 10870. And yes, I do understand this is a new app on a beta operating system!

4. ffnc1020 macrumors member

None of those are not the value of your data points, it's just the min/max value of the y axis. This is not much of an issue but a sloppy design. Actually you cannot see what's your steps and distances, but they were within the range of -1915 and 10870, I figure some of the lowest points may be near where 0 is.

Hope this make sense to you.