Question about Greece VAT

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by NikosX, Oct 6, 2010.

1. NikosX macrumors newbie

Hello to everyone for start,
    I have a question that needs answer! I am in the process of completing a game for iOS and the problem is that i live in Greece (yeah the one with the crisis...). I am very confused about the VAT and stuff. Greece is in the EU. And my question is:

When you log in apple you can register as a company or as an individual. I am currently alone in development and my normal job here in greece is different (meaning that i own no company). So if i enter app store as an individual will apple pay me after they keep the VAT that my country has? Is it legal for me to have income from apple here in greece? how will that show on my years closing of papers?

Its chaos... programming is much easier thing to do...!

2. Luke Redpath macrumors 6502a

It's unlikely that anybody will be able to help you here without knowledge of Greek tax law, however, generally speaking, it sounds like you want to register as an individual.

VAT and other sales taxes will be dealt with by Apple on the sale to the end user; you won't need to worry about this. Apple will deduct sales tax and pay it to relevant authorities and Apple will pay you the VAT-exclusive price less their 30% cut.

They will also deduct any withholding taxes; which regions will have withholding taxes depends entirely on your country's tax agreements with the various sales regions.