Question about HDMI mirroring

Discussion in 'iPad' started by LSUtigers03, Mar 14, 2011.

1. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

I've seen videos of games taking up the entire TV screen that the iPad is connect to and I've seen videos where the game only takes up a part of the TV screen. Is getting full screen mirroring dependent on a setting in the iPad 2, your TV or other screen, the HDMI cable you're using, or something else?

2. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

I believe it is up the the game itself, not Apple. Some iPad2 apps will work with 4.3, that cover the standard Apple apps only.

3. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

Apps that support tv out will typically show fullscreen. Most apps don't support it so they will show up with vertical bars on the left and right because it is just showing what is on screen.

4. LSUtigers03 thread starter macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

Oh so the app has to be updated. Well that kind of sucks. Hopefully devs will update their apps to take advantage of this feature.

5. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

Personally, I cant wait to play Angry Birds on the tv. Awesome.

6. HXGuy macrumors 68000

Kind of hard considering you have to look at where you place your finger which means you have to look at the iPad, and not the TV screen.

Games where you don't have to look at the iPad itself work best, such as car racing games.

7. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

I did this with my iPhone 4 (jailbroken with TVOut2) and my Pico projector on a 120" screen. At that size, those birds look downright pi$$ed off!! lol

8. dgnr8 macrumors member

iPad 2 via cable

I have the iPad 2 and have tried it with the old VGA cable, all 166 of my apps project in full screen mode. I used it with a projector and it mirrors exactly what is happening on my iPad without a border. I hope that helps.

9. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

"pissed off birds super hd!!!!!"