Home Question about HomeKit remote

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by Stromberg, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Stromberg macrumors newbie

Stromberg

Hi,

I'm on PB2 with my 6s+ and I also own a Apple TV with the latest public firmware (no beta).

In the HomeKit-app a see the automation tab but I'm not able to trigger any scenario from remote. I was following the information that apple provided: disconnect of the appleID on the Apple TV, restart and reconnect. Disable iCloud for HomeKit on the iPhone and so on.

I reckon that the actual developer version vor TV-OS is needed to get this functional.

Is this correct? Or any thing else is happen with my setup?

2. tony_glasgow macrumors member

I thought it needs the new (currently in beta) tvOS for this to work.

3. Stromberg thread starter macrumors newbie

Stromberg

Thanks for the clarification, than I have to wait for the public tvOS Release.

4. GrumpyTrucker macrumors 6502a

5. Stromberg thread starter macrumors newbie

Stromberg

I followed this instructions several times without success :-(

6. mariusignorello macrumors 6502a

You'll need the beta version, and we're currently on beta 3. For things to work properly, you'll want to make sure all your iOS devices are on beta 3 as well.

7. tony_glasgow macrumors member

I might have been wrong about requiring the beta version of tvOS...

I've been messing around with HomeKit and Xcode, and installed the Catalog sample onto my iPhone:
    https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/samplecode/HomeKitCatalog/Introduction/Intro.html

This allows you fairly raw access to the HomeKit database. It does allow the creation of rules and so I created a rule within it (to turn my lights down at a certain time) and now the 'Automation' tab within the Home tab is working - I can see the rule and add new rules.

As I haven't assigned any iPads to be the 'Home' controller I can only assume this is all working through my Apple TV with release firmware.

All seems to be working just now and I can create rules on these actions:
    • My location changes
    • A time of day occurs
    • An accessory is controlled (lights turned on or door opened)
    • A sensor detects something (greyed out as I don't have any of these devices)
    Don't know if tvOS 10 will add to this list...