Question About How to Change Audio Track to Match Movie Track (Video Inside)

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by flipster, Jun 7, 2012.

1. flipster, Jun 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2012

flipster macrumors 6502a

Me and my friends are doing a skit to the movie "Mean Girls", and so far I have matched the audio perfect to this video except for the bedroom scene.

The music goes from a focused point of view to an echo-like, far away, loud bass view. For example, from 0:57-0:58 it is in a focused POV. But, from 0:59-1:04, it has that echo-like, far away, loud bass POV.

Can anyone please help me out with this? It seems pretty simple...I already tried the effects in iMovie (bass booster, lower volume track, large room sound effect) and it did not work.

Thanks!

Link to Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Qy7-Ba5bE&feature=youtu.be

Also, how can I split the video into parts like these for the phone scene? Is there a certain effect for that? Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awow8HpWNcg

2. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

You could try offsetting the phase, adding some reverb, and maybe pulling out some of the mids with a parametric EQ.

3. flipster, Jun 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2012

flipster thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have Final Cut Pro...But is there anyway to do this in iMovie..? I have it matched almost exactly, its just missing that echo-like part to it.

4. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

I don't have iMovie, but I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't do this in iMovie. ;)

Try downloading a DAW like Reaper (unlimited trial mode) and doing it in there, then marry the resulting audio back with the video in iMovie.