Question about how to do something.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by LarryC, Feb 2, 2015.

1. LarryC macrumors 6502

LarryC

Hello everyone, I have a question about how to do something. I am a member of a trading group. When I first joined, I was able to watch and/or download a group of videos of the man who founded our group. Different people have left the group and we also have some new members. Luckily, I downloaded the videos and I am wanting to copy the videos onto a DVD for two new members. When I highlight the videos and right click and choose copy, and then I paste those onto the DVD, all I'm doing is copying a link to the originals. Can someone here please tell me how to do this correctly? Thank you, very much.

LarryC

P.S. I am using a 2011 model MacBook Pro running OS 10.10.2 (Just in case that matters.)

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Insert DVD. When it mounts on the desktop, double click it to open it's window. Drag and drop the video files into the window. Click the Burn button.

3. LarryC thread starter macrumors 6502

LarryC

Thank you, Dave,

I suppose what was throwing me was that in OS9, if you did that, all you were doing was copying a link, especially when there was a symbol beneath what you were dragging and dropping onto a CD or DVD. I was seeing that same mark, a small black arrow at the base of each video. And when I right-clicked the video on the DVD, before burning, it showed that it was a very small file, much smaller that the original. But I tried as you suggested and burned the disk anyway and it worked great. Thank you. Have a great weekend.