Question about iBook G4 charger.

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Miguey, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Miguey macrumors 6502

Has anyone used the NewerTech iBook chargers before? I was wondering how reliable they were compared to the OEM chargers from Apple. I have bought a couple off of amazon, third party chargers, but those seem to last a couple months, tops.

I was just wondering if the NewerTech Charger is the best option for my iBook G4[1.42Ghz model.] I can't resolder my other 2 apple chargers and I can't find new OEM chargers locally so I need to buy another one.

Thanks!

2. reddrag0n macrumors 6502

reddrag0n

Last chargers i got that was third party was from an ebay guy laptopwebsavings and they worked rock solid for my pismo g3, ibook g4's and my last powerbook g4. It was brick looking like most pc adapters, but it ran just fine. No issues whatsoever.

So the newertech one should be just fine.

3. max¥¥ macrumors 6502a

I have never used a newertech one, but my ibook g3 has a genric chepo brick of ebay and i have never had any problem wit it.

4. Goftrey macrumors 68000

Goftrey

Funnily enough I have a newertech charger for my tibook, it works fine and I've had no problems with it as of today although the brick does get warm, but all 3rd party chargers get heated so yeah, they seem pretty good to me :)

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I've had some good reliability using this adapter from Mac-Pro online. They are a bit more expensive but the first one I got from them I bought two years ago. Bought one for my son's iBook just a month or so ago.

6. Miguey thread starter macrumors 6502

Really? Damn I wonder if I've gotten nothing but dud adapters because the 3 that i've gotten off amazon barely even lasted. All of them just went bad but each apple charger i've owned only went out because of the head's connection(soo cheap)

I think I'll be getting it this week then! Thanks!

That looks like the 3 that I went through :( Damn why do I have the worst luck with 3rd party stuff. Oh well. Thanks for the advice guys!