General Question about iCleaner and the Message attachments option. Off or SMART?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kalirob99, May 24, 2014.

1. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

SMART says that it "only deletes images that don't show up in any messages."
    I'm guessing that means that there's a chance that some pictures can get left over even if I've deleted them?
    I'm just wondering if it's safe to select it so I don't loose pics in my current messages. Also curious if it's safe/worth selecting Cydia and Cydia sources?
    TIA for help.

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

from that description, i would assume all MMS that require you to tap "show more messages" will be deleted

it should be okay selecting cydia, but doubt it'll save you any more than a few KB if you do it frequently; don't select cydia sources unless you're having problems refreshing your sources

3. kalirob99, May 24, 2014
    Last edited: May 24, 2014

kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Cool thanks. I'm just bummed SMART removal deletes the "show more message" images.
    The images take up space but in some convos I'd loose context.

After digging around I found this: "Message attachments: it deletes files sent and received via iMessage or MMS. The "smart" setting only deletes files that do not show up in any message, while "on" deletes all attachments (messages with attachments will show a blank icon)."
    Not to sure if this means all the attachments in "show more messages" are safe, but sounds like it. I'm tempted to test but I have over 1GB in Messages data lol so I don't wanna risk loosing all my messages pics.
    Chance anyone here would be willing to test it?