Question about iCloud and Apps

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Saberon, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Saberon macrumors 6502a

Currently on 4.3.3 on my 3 iOS devices.

If I download a new app its pushed to other 2 iOS devices...works as advertised.

Since I'm away from home I have a question.

If I update an app is that update pushed to other iOS/Mac devices or will I have to manually update each of them?

Thanks

2. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

i dont know for iOS devices. but i updated on my phone and when i went to my mac i had to update manually as well.

3. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

The updates are manual as far as I know also. It's only when you purchase or download a new App,Book,Song is it pushed to the others.

4. shandyman Suspended

that would be a nice idea, but it doesn't appear to, i have to do it on each device, though iTunes on the computer gets a bit confused saying i've already purchased it and to check for available downloads, i do that, it says there's nothing, i go back into the updates section and it does it. iTunes in the Cloud is technically in beta on all devices, so it could be that this is part of it but yet to be fully implemented and will be at launch in the fall

5. Saberon thread starter macrumors 6502a

What would be nice is Delta App updates, that way it could push the delta over iCloud and use waaaaaay less bandwidth.

6. shandyman Suspended

i'm thinking that's very much a possibility, spose depends on the app tho. we'll see