Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iSkier

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 22, 2008
I am patiently awaiting the arrival of my iPhone 4S, and I had a quick question. I have had my current Apple ID since wayyy back in the day, and my whole family has been making purchases from the App Store and iTunes on it, as well as where the credit card is located to make purchases on Apple.com. I quit MobileMe after deciding to not want to pay for it anymore a few years ago, and have been using gmail ever since. Now that iCloud is free, I decided to make a new @me email account and did that using the updated version of Lion. Now, is it still possible to use this @me address for email/calender/contacts/etc. along with the old @mac Apple ID for purchasing stuff on iTunes and the App store when I get my iPhone?

Also, my brother is getting an iPhone as well, and will be using the old @mac ID for purchases as well. Should he also create a new iCloud account?

Thank you so much.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Your iCloud login and iTunes login do not have to be the same, so if I understand what you are trying to do - the answer is yes, you can.

iSkier

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 22, 2008
Your iCloud login and iTunes login do not have to be the same, so if I understand what you are trying to do - the answer is yes, you can.

Alright awesome, and I will still have the ability to backup music and stuff, as well as Apps and iTunes in the cloud then right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.