Question about iCloud.

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by arsenalrule, Oct 18, 2012.

1. arsenalrule macrumors newbie

I already have a backup for my iPhone 5 on iCloud. Now I have deleted some photos and videos for space on my iPhone. I have taken new photos etc. will the photos and videos I have deleted stay in the cloud and will it add the new ones to the back up.
    Or is iCloud just for a backup?
    I'm a bit confused to tell the truth, need some help guys...

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Unless you have Photo Sharing turned on, photos are not backed up.

3. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

You need to turn on photostream on both your phone and your Mac (in iPhoto) for your photos to be backed up. Fortunately you can usually do this after the fact as the most recent 1,000 photos remain in photostream, waiting to be synced to any device or Mac you log in to iCloud and enable photostream.

Whatever you do, don't delete them from photostream until you have verified that they are on your Mac, not simply in photostream but imported into events which makes a local copy.

4. arsenalrule thread starter macrumors newbie

The problem is I don't have a mac. I think I will back them up to Pc as well
    Thanks anyway guys

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

See this. You can use Photostream with a PC with the Windows iCloud control panel.

[​IMG]