Question about iDraw: place identical objects

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by igorland, Jul 13, 2014.

1. igorland macrumors newbie

Hello. I have a question about iDraw, which I have been using for two days only. I am trying to place identical objects (say, rectangles) along a circle. Something like rays of the sun. Found numerous tutorials how to do it in CorelDraw, but none for iDraw.

You help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. CrickettGrrrl, Jul 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2014

CrickettGrrrl macrumors 6502a

CrickettGrrrl

Hi Igorland,

I was wondering if you had figured out how to do this with iDraw's new Smart Duplicate feature to rotate multiples of rectangles around a circle. I have been trying to get this to work myself and can only manage one thing at a time, but not combinations of rotating, duplicating, etc. Unfortunately the iDraw user guide hasn't been updated since 2.02. Terribly annoying for such an otherwise great app... The video demo on their site doesn't really explain it either. Disappointed.

----------

I found a video tut for it which helps a lot, although I prefer written info rather than video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz35L6b5A1U

Once again, thank you Internet.

3. igorland thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope. Still have no clue. I just manually copied and pasted it applying rotation. If you learn, I would appreciate it if you could share too. Cheers.

4. CrickettGrrrl macrumors 6502a

CrickettGrrrl

Well the video tutorial works --I finally get it. Here is a screenshot of the video cheat-sheet & my quick test...

:D So happy when the inexplicable is made clear...

Attached Files:

5. igorland thread starter macrumors newbie

Great. Thanks a lot! Is there a link to the video? Cheers!

6. CrickettGrrrl macrumors 6502a

CrickettGrrrl

Yes, post #2. Turns out it's much simpler than I thought it was. The animation on iDraw's website is a little bit misleading, or rather, is missing key information.

7. igorland thread starter macrumors newbie