question about iLife 08

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by aelizalde, Jan 6, 2009.

1. aelizalde macrumors newbie

aelizalde

last year i got iLife 08 as a christmas present and installed it on my computer, about two months later i decided to upgrade to leopard which has the updates to garage band/iphoto/imovie etc on it anyway.

a year later....

i want to sell iLife on craigslist but i don't know if it's legal or if it would even work on the other persons mac. any help?

thanks.

andrew

2. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

Leopard doesn't include the iLife apps. So you better make sure that you have another copy before you sell yours.

3. aelizalde thread starter macrumors newbie

aelizalde

gotcha....so once i get a copy of it and sell it...it should work just fine on some one elses mac?

4. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

yeah... I think... I'm not sure if registering the product though affects the code or whatever. *shrug*

5. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Just keep in mind that if you leave it installed on your Mac and sell the disk then that is a violation of the user agreement. It is only licensed to you for a single installation (or up to five installations in the same house if a family pack), not an installation on your machine and then selling the disk to another user to install.

To sell the disk legally, you need to remove the software from your Mac.