Question about iMac and a printer.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Eve, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Eve macrumors newbie

My aunt is getting a Mac and has enlisted my help in getting her one. Now, she is convinced she wants a MacBook but I'm going to try and convince her of the base level iMac. My question is, why is a wireless keyboard/mouse an available upgrade for the next level iMac? Do I just have to buy that seperately for the baselevel Mac or is just not compatible with it or something? It really doesn't make sense to me. As far as the printer goes, I'm trying to take advantage of the printer rebate for her and she wants an all-in-one printer. So, has anyone bought/used the HP Photosmart C4280? It'd be good to get since it is only $99.95 before the rebate. I just wonder if it is of decent quality or a piece of crap. Thanks in advance for the help.

2. Benedictus-x macrumors member

Firstly, would it not be better to wait until middle of the summer?
    Seconly. the base 17 inch doesnt have bluetooth and therefore cant take advantage of the apple wireless keyboard/mouse.

3. Eve thread starter macrumors newbie

1). It might, considering the iMac is suposed to get a major redesign, but it really isn't going to matter to my aunt. I think she'd rather have it now than wait for a redesign/update that won't matter to her.
    2). That makes sense. Thanks.

4. Benedictus-x macrumors member

What about a refurb of the higher-end 17 inch iMac?
    i've heard apple's refurb models are good

5. mkgm1 macrumors regular

Can I ask why is it that you want to sway her towards the iMac instead of the Macbook?

Obviously it depends on what she is going to use it for, but as long as it is not too graphically demanding, she'd probably enjoy a Macbook more, for its looks as well as for its size and portability.

Also, if you can't wait until the next iMac update, then the Macbook's a safer bet, as it's less outdated.