Question about imap folders and iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by namru, Dec 10, 2008.

1. namru macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have an imap email account where all the new emails go to the inbox as usual. I recently moved all the emails from the inbox to a folder called 'reference'

The problem is in the mail app on the ipod touch. It finds the folder automatically and the contents too but the problem is that is lists all the oldest emails first and the newest last. This means that for me to read the most recent emails of those i've moved to the folder, I must scroll through over 1000 emails with 25 per page!

The mail application in leopard works as it should.

I wonder if it is somehow possible to reverse the order of the emails ipod touch shows? It a 2G with 2.2

Glad if someone could help with this as I can't really access the newer emails.

2. devburke Guest

It displays them in the correct order me me, that's strange that you're getting the reverse. Maybe that's the order they were added to that folder?

3. namru thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried that too. I created a couple of new folders and moved the emails back and forth in different order but it always shows the oldest first. Even if I move all the emails back to the inbox it shows it in reverse order. There's no problem using the web interface of the mail provider and mail on leopard works too.

The email system is called HORDE btw.