Question about imovie

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fimeu90, Feb 14, 2012.

1. fimeu90, Feb 14, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2012

fimeu90 macrumors newbie

Im making a video that will be about 5 or 6 sections. For example, 1 minute of something, followed by 1 minute of something else and so on.

But I can't figure out how to make multiple squares to put the selected part in. Like when you drag the media into that box. How do I make several boxes so it easier to to rearrange when Im done?

I have about 3 hours of media and hundreds of selections to go through, but with 5 or 6 different things going on in the same media it would be easier to just go through it once, instead of 5 or 6 times.

Or is there a way to drag the clips around once they are in the box instead of having to copy and paste?

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

There's a little slider at the bottom of the window that lets you adjust how often it shows a thumbnail from the clip (i.e. how long the boxes will be). Slide it all the way to the right, IIRC, and each clip will only be one "box" to make it easier to rearrange them.

jW

3. ObuckiO, Feb 14, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2012

ObuckiO macrumors regular

When adding video from "Event Library"(lower part), into "Project". Whatever part of video that is inside YELLOW BOX is what goes in(you can drag yellow box to make clip longer or shorter also). If you want a little of this clip and a little of another clip and so on. You have to do that manually..Now you can put/add clips in between clips that are already in project.(menu might pop up.>insert/replace)And as far as i know, you can't drag the clips around. You can; add//delete//shorten//lengten once they are in project. I don't know what kind of Audio/music you are going to use, so that can change things to, with what i'm explaining. Tip: I always work from beginning to the end in editing or touching up last idea's (due to syncing project).
    Let me know if i'm on the same page as you, because it was a little difficult trying to understand your post details.
    imovie help
    imovie tutorial
    I may suggest they're a lot of imovie tutorials, tips & tricks on Youtube :)