Question about implementing email rule

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tumbleweed666, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

I would like to have an email rule similar to the 'if sender is in my address book', but in this case, I want "if 'to' is in my address book". Is this possible?

The reason for this is that i get messages to a particular email address 'variable@mydomain.com' where variable will always be a particular company, say acme co, but acme co may send from multiple different addresses, lets say, sales@acmeco, marketing@acmeco, offer1234@acmeco, and its a PITA having all these in my address book. But the email is always addressed to acmeco@mydomain.com so one single entry covers everything.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. Tumbleweed666 thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks, from that I presume its not possible to do what I want directly via an address book entry? Its very convenient to simply right click on a "wrongly identified as spam" email and add the 'to' entry to my address book. This way, for each new email I don't have a rule for yet, of which there are probably a couple hundred, I have to set up a new rule.