Question about In Store Pickup on Launch Day

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by musika, Sep 13, 2014.

1. musika, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2014

musika macrumors 65816

musika

So I preordered my iPhone 6 at 5:30am yesterday when the store finally came online, and since I won't be around my home on the 19th, I decided to have the phone ship to a nearby Apple Store for in store pickup.

My question is mostly directed toward people who preordered the iPhone 5 for in store pickup. Was the line for pickup crazy long? How long was the wait once you got into the store?

I'm specifically not asking for people who reserved an iPhone 4 in 2010, because I did that too, and the system back then was far different than it is today.

So based on experience, what do you think the in store pickup experience will be if I walk in around 9 or 10am on launch day? I don't mind waiting a couple of hours, I'm just curious.

2. musika thread starter macrumors 65816

musika

(this post has very quickly become lost in the pile)

3. uchosen macrumors 6502

Because there are countless launch day threads already.

4. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

I had my macbook shipped to apple and i didn't really like the experience; it just felt like more hassle since I had to wait for them to go in the back and get it. It's only worthwhile IMO if you can't be home in the daytime to sign the device AND can pick it up before the store closses.

From my launch day iPhone camping experience lines are crazy long till around noon and calm down by 3PM.