Question About In Store Pickup

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Seraphx17, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Seraphx17 macrumors member

If you pre-order for in store pickup, do you have to wait in line? Or is there a separate, small line for people who have iPad's reserved? Can we just show up anytime on the 16th?

2. bambamyi macrumors newbie

bambamyi

I believe you just walk in and show your paperwork and pickup your goods and leave and snicker at those people in line :)

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Yes you can just show up. Tell someone working there that you have a preorder and they should expedite you through.

4. travistaylor macrumors regular

What about timing? Do you have to be there when the store opens to get your order or will they hold it all day?

5. Uln4321 macrumors regular

I also need to know about timing
    I won't be able to make it in until about 3

6. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

I also need to know about timing...

7. Uln4321 macrumors regular

I don't know why they don't put this information on their website
    I think they know at this point what time it will be for sale and when pre orders can be picked up

8. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

I posted this in another thread:

I haven't received mine yet either. I just got off the phone with the NYC Fifth Avenue store and they weren't even sure of the launch date procedure in terms of picking up preorders. :confused:

I also tried calling 1-800-MY-APPLE, and it disconnected me due to an "extremely high volume of calls". I also can't get a hold of a live chat agent anymore. :(

9. Dylatron2000 macrumors regular

Dylatron2000

Semi-unrelated...but when I finally got through online to order mine, it didn't show in-store pickup was available (only one 16gb WiFi only new iPad white)...I was going to call and ask them if I could switch to in store pick up (since I live on a college campus) if that is even possible...

Is it feasible for apple to allow me to change shipping from directly to me to being picked up in store? (sometimes I don't really trust my university mail center :p )