Question About In Store Pickup

Seraphx17

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
If you pre-order for in store pickup, do you have to wait in line? Or is there a separate, small line for people who have iPad's reserved? Can we just show up anytime on the 16th?

bambamyi

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2009
Seattle
I believe you just walk in and show your paperwork and pickup your goods and leave and snicker at those people in line :)

travistaylor

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2006
What about timing? Do you have to be there when the store opens to get your order or will they hold it all day?

Uln4321

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2011
I don't know why they don't put this information on their website
I think they know at this point what time it will be for sale and when pre orders can be picked up

Photography

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
I don't know why they don't put this information on their website
I think they know at this point what time it will be for sale and when pre orders can be picked up
I posted this in another thread:

I haven't received mine yet either. I just got off the phone with the NYC Fifth Avenue store and they weren't even sure of the launch date procedure in terms of picking up preorders. :confused:

I also tried calling 1-800-MY-APPLE, and it disconnected me due to an "extremely high volume of calls". I also can't get a hold of a live chat agent anymore. :(

Dylatron2000

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2011
Durham, NC
Semi-unrelated...but when I finally got through online to order mine, it didn't show in-store pickup was available (only one 16gb WiFi only new iPad white)...I was going to call and ask them if I could switch to in store pick up (since I live on a college campus) if that is even possible...

Is it feasible for apple to allow me to change shipping from directly to me to being picked up in store? (sometimes I don't really trust my university mail center :p )