Question about incoming calls while docked in speaker systems/nighstand_clocks

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by gianly1985, Mar 8, 2010.

1. gianly1985 macrumors 6502a

gianly1985

I have never owned an ipod-dock-enabled speaker system, portable speaker system or nightstand alarm clock.

Now I want a nightstand clock and I put my eyes on the Logitech Pure-Fi Anytime (the cheapest "Works with iPhone" nighstand clock I found, and also with a neat motion sensing function) and I was wondering: what happen if I receive a call while the iphone is docked in a speaker system (or nighstand clock)? I mean, is the "incoming call ringtone" sent to the speakers just like the music? Because, if it is not, I'm afraid to lose some calls since the iphone speaker will be blocked by the lack of grills (like the ones found in the Apple iPhone 3G dock) in the bottom of the dock cradle.

2. elmo151 Guest

contact Logitech. They have good customer service

3. joesegal76 macrumors member

i have the pure-fi... its great.
    The phone still rings as normal on the dock. If you are playing music, the music stops just like on your headphones.

4. gianly1985 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gianly1985

:(

I really hoped the ringtone was amplified by the Pure-Fi speakers....now I'm afraid not to hear calls if I'm sleeping....

I think I'll buy it anyway though...it's so cheap and so feature-rich....as a comparison, the Luna Voyager costs more, has a single alarm and doesn't have FM radio....

5. gianly1985 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gianly1985

Logitech answered:

It says the Pure-Fi Anytime will actually play the ringtone for incoming calls and also act as a speakerphone during the call.

Who is right? :confused:

Anyway, I'll be able to test it myself in a few days, I've already ordered it...

6. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

that is wrong

there is your answer

apparently you can use any song or ringtone as an alarm.. but voice will not go through the speakers

This is consistent with my previous findings

3.5mm = voice ringtone and music
    30 pin dock = just music ( external speaker supports ringtone)

7. Gin Gin macrumors regular

Gin Gin

I don't have that particular speaker system, I do have 2 other speaker docks I use with my iPhone, and a 3rd that was crap that I returned. On all 3 of them the phone will ring through the dock's speakers. It startles me a bit as the ringing can be quite loud. I have never tried keep the phone docked while on the call though, I always pick it up off the dock when answering. If it did work I don't think it would work well because the microphone would be covered up by the dock.