Question about international adapter

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by thadoggfather, Sep 6, 2010.

1. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

I have two adapters that convert the US plug to EU plug.

Using one with my macbook pro and the other with my iPhone. both support dual voltage of 220v so i'm not worried.

but for the adapter i plug my iphone ac adapter in, i also plugged in my philips g370 buzzer razor which looks like it only supports 110v.

i wouldnt be surprised if the philips burns out, but i've also used it with my iphone.

at worst, the philips appliance will break and the adapter will keep working right (not damaging my iPhone using through ac adapter) right?

Thanks.

haven't noticed anything weird yet.

2. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I'm not understanding the question very well...
    You are saying that your razor plug is only rated for 110V not dual, while the rest of your stuff is? are they both plugged at the same time?
    If anything of yours is single voltage you need a step down converter/transformer for them....

3. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

They both aren't plugged in at the same time.

I used a 110v razor in my adapter which I don't think I should have. As a result the razor (cheapo anyways) is probably destroyed.

I've used the same adapter for my iPhone ac to usb adapter that comes with the phone, which is dual voltage and supports up to 240v, and I'm wondering if using the 110v ruined the adapter and could cause harm to my iPhone?

Not going to plug in that 110v razor again. And everything seems like its been fine so far.

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

well, did you detect a fried smell, burn marks on it? Usually a simple electrical adapter enables connection of a region's plug to another by just using connections for the disparate contact arrangements, while not changing the voltage, in theory just a change in the prongs to fit the outlet, unless you smelled something burning and/ or looks fried, then I think it should be fine to use...., you could just buy another one if you are insecure of it or just take turns w/ the laptop for use w/ your other adapter.