Question about iOS 4.2 and iPad's Mail App

Discussion in 'iPad' started by lsquare, Nov 28, 2010.

1. lsquare macrumors 6502

Someone told me that one can now select the font to be used in the mail app. Is this true? Or that we still can't select the font to use?

2. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

You can change the size of fonts in the settings/mail.

Perhaps they confused mail options with the new notes app options (a whopping choice of three fonts).

3. lsquare thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the clarification. Do you or anyone else know if Apple will ever allow us to pick the font for the mail client? It's not a major negative for me, but it would be nice to be able to select the font for my e-mails.

4. adnoh macrumors 6502a

adnoh

You can change the font used in the notes app but not in the. Mail app.

5. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

I have no idea. Doesn't seem to be an issue for most people, therefore it is unlikely Apple would address something not seen as a widespread demand.

6. Pinger macrumors regular

I started a thread about this earlier, it's hard to believe we can change fonts anyway we want here on MacRunors but in a $500 iPad we have no choices at all... Just nuts ifnyou ask me...

7. stephg macrumors member

stephg

I don't care about the fonts so much, sure would love a "select all" button so I could delete all my duplicate emails!

8. rikbrown macrumors regular

I deplore people who use CUSTOM FONTS!!! :p:cool:;) in emails, so the fixed font is quite a bonus for me.