Question about iOS

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by kathryne_B, Aug 13, 2015.

1. kathryne_B macrumors regular

kathryne_B

Hello . . . I installed the latest software update on my iPhone and really hate what they've done to the music format. The print is tiny and I can find anything like e.g. "repeat song." When I finally found it, it was teenie tiny icon on the bottom part of the screen. My question; is there a way that I can revert to the old software? I'd be much obliged for any suggestion(s)! Thank you.

-kathryne

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Oh boy, you're certainly not the only one with this complaint. The new music app is ridiculously unintuitive and absolutely rubbish.

To cut a long rant short, there's no way to revert to a version that offers basic/instinctual features I'd argue are required for a music app, so you'll have to go third-party. CarTunes is a pretty good one.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

No way to go back and you are not the only one who does not like!

I do not use Apple Music services and yet I have to navigate around their stuff to get to my owned music.

The new music apps was a step ahead for Apple but a leap backwards for the users.

4. 960design macrumors 68000

Settings > General > Accessibility > Larger Text > Larger Accessibility Sizes = ON > Drag the slider all the way to the right.

PS. For what it's worth, I like the skinny fonts.
    PPS. As already mentioned, no way to go back in time... yet.

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Apple does not and never has allowed a way to revert to earlier versions of iOS. Jailbreakers were able to get around this until iOS 7 and certain model iPhones can actually revert to pre-iOS 7 versions of iOS but you have to have all your ducks in a row.

But in general you can only upgrade (or downgrade) to a version of iOS that Apple is still signing (digitally signing). If Apple is not signing it then there's no way to get there. In this way Apple moves people up from previous versions of iOS and tries to foil jailbreakers (like me).

6. kathryne_B thread starter macrumors regular

kathryne_B

Not so much to do with the size of the fonts, as it has to do with the new setup of the format I absolutely HATE it! Thanx for your response.

7. kathryne_B, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015

kathryne_B thread starter macrumors regular

kathryne_B

Ok. Thanx! I found the app on iTunes and looks like this maybe the fix to my music problems. Thank you so much!

8. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Sorry for any ambiguity. Third-party basically means search the App Store, there'll be one on there! :D

9. kathryne_B thread starter macrumors regular

kathryne_B

Yes, I answered on the op. Thank you so much! (I'm a happy camper once again)! :)

10. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

I gotta ask. You have to navigate around what to get to your owned music? It's one tap into "My Music" and you're there. That's hardly navigating around things.

11. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Maybe their Apple Music is still on while they don't use any of their service.
    Mine is disabled from settings and Apple connect is disabled in restriction. So I don't need to worry about that even a little bit.

12. kathryne_B thread starter macrumors regular

kathryne_B

It's not only a music issue, I'm not too thrilled with the setup either. I was use to the old format, which I was very happy with. I find the new format too disjointed and I hate it. I don't see why Apple has to fix things that aren't broke. -And it seems that I'm not the ONLY one who thinks the new format sux. Everybody I know hates it.

13. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

Same for me. The AM(awful mess) doesn't bother me. I just disabled AM.

14. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Then now you can find one you might know not hating new music app. :)

I wonder why navigating to owned music is difficult.