Question about iPhone 3G plan (current AT&T customer)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tangledweb16, Aug 14, 2008.

1. tangledweb16 macrumors regular

tangledweb16

OK, so I am planning on driving to my nearest Apple store, which is over 200 miles away, to get the iPhone 3G. I'm planning on paying the 399$ early upgrade price for it, but I was wondering if there will be any issues doing this, considering I live 200+ miles away from where I will purchase the phone. It's in the same state, but pretty far away.

Any issues with doing this? Thanks.

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

No issues, just make sure they have your phone in stock

3. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

Shoosh, why not just do direct fulfillment? There could be issues, I would call AT&T to verify first.

4. tangledweb16 thread starter macrumors regular

tangledweb16

Should I call beforehand? I'm going next weekend, and I'm planning on leaving early, so I should get there around 8-9 AM.

I want the 8GB model, how's the demand on that?

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

there's not as much demand for the 8GB, but I would definitely call in advanced. Maybe if you call a day or two in advanced and explain how far you are driving they may hold one for you.

6. aneftp macrumors 601

Man, I wouldn't drive 200 plus miles just to get the black 8GB iPhone, unless you happen to be going to that area anyways (visit friends/go shopping etc). You have waited 1 month for the phone already, and the 8GB iPhone are starting to ship pretty fast these day (I think about 5 days now) from the ATT store (via DF).

The only issue you will have at the Apple Store is if you are on a FAN discount account. Apple Stores will not sell you an iPhone if you are currently receiving a monthly discount on your bill.

7. Geffen macrumors 6502

Honestly you should purchase one from a nearest AT&T store through the Direct Fullfillment process, it would save you a lot of time since you are driving 200 miles to an Apple store, theres really no gaurentee that the Apple store will have the model you wanted in stock when you get there also there may still be lines just to wait of at least a few hours and if you have any discounts on your current plan you will have to go to an AT&T store to have them removed before you purchase from an Apple store. from the threads i've been reading the DF process through AT&T is getting much quicker where you would have your iphone shipped to the AT&T store within a few days.