Question about iPhone 4 data / text plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Macman74, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Macman74 macrumors member

So after 13 hours of trying, I finally got my black 32Gb iPhone 4 ordered (From Safari on my iPhone 3G). My question however is this; those of you that ordered through Apple.com, did you have to select a data, voice and text plan? If so, did I miss it in the order process? At the end of the order it stated No changes to voice plan, NO TEXT PLAN NO DATA PLAN. Is this normal or should I be freaking out? I call 611 and talked to AT&T and they said I was fine as long as it was an upgrade to my service and not a new line.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

2. Macman74 thread starter macrumors member

3. jeffs177 macrumors member

I was wondering the same thing. It didn't give me an option to choose a voice, text or data plan. I want to make sure I keep my unlimited data plan. I called Apple and they said that they're backed up and at this point there's no record of my order. He said for me to check the status in 24 to 48 hours, but it's a little concerning that it didn't give me any options to keep what I have already.

4. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

i don't think apple alters your existing account in any way. at least that's what happened when i was preordering. it showed my current voice + data plan, and said that my texting is pay per text (or something like that) since i don't have a texting plan. the price and plan remained the same.