Question about iPhone 4 replacements

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Branskins, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Branskins macrumors 65816

Many are saying it is too soon to start replacing iPhone 4s with refurbished ones and are instead replacing them with new ones.

When do you think Apple will start making these refurbished units and start using them in the stores? I need to get my phone replaced this weekend for a yellow spot that won't go away almost 2 weeks later, so I was hoping that I get a new one instead of a refurbished one! I guess if it is refurbished it wouldn't be the end of the world, but this thing is only 2 weeks old and I would like to get it replaced with another new one!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The faster you go the better.
    Not sure how fast the refurb process takes to circulate but I heard everyone so far has been getting new iphones and not refurbs for exchanges.

3. Branskins thread starter macrumors 65816

Ok good! Hopefully I can get mine replaced tomorrow or Monday!

4. narimonk macrumors regular

narimonk

You'll get a refurb no matter what. Company policy. Sorry bud.

5. HardDemon macrumors newbie

How come? I thought you had the choice whether you could get it refurbed or just get a new one?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You have no choice or say.
    If u want it exchanged and they have refurbs in stock that's what you get. Company policy and it's in the AppleCare agreement.

7. Branskins thread starter macrumors 65816

I understand they are saying its a refurb, but I think we were all in agreement that currently the "refurbs" are just brand new phones...

8. Branskins thread starter macrumors 65816

Went there today and the guy said "We'll replace this with a brand new one" and came out with one. It had the plastic pieces on the back and the front like a brand new one from a box. When I got my 3G replaced I don't remember it having those on it.

But he said it was brand new! :)

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nice, when it's first out I think it takes a few months for refurbs to appear.

10. zero85ZEN macrumors regular

I just exchanged mine today (bought yesterday, had a few dead pixels) and it was swapped out with a new one. I watched the sales associate peel off the plastic and open the box. :)
    Fantastic customer support. The guy that set up my replacement even told me to come back again if I had any more problems. But this copy is perfect. :)

11. Branskins thread starter macrumors 65816

Isn't Apple support just amazing! When I had a problem with my MPB (there was stuck pixel) and I was within my 13 days, I went home with a brand new box! It was amazing to get a brand new one!

And then today, with them replacing it with a new one...just amazing :D

Now my aunt and uncle are getting their first Mac, a MBP soon. I guess my glowing love for mine rubbed off on them! My family is slowly being converted haha

12. reptiledude4 macrumors member

reptiledude4

Jesus christ, the only time I could justify saying "amazing" 3 times in a row is if the resident genius cured you of cancer.

13. Insilin1i macrumors regular

If you were out of your 13 days then you probably wouldn't be such a happy camper. I also got lucky I guess that a stuck pixel appeared before the 13 days ended and returned it for a new iMac. I know if I was out of the 13 days they most likely wouldn't have switched it.

14. Branskins thread starter macrumors 65816

Ya I was probably writing it over a period of time. I started and tabbed to something else and then went back. Maybe I should have reread it? :D

Anyways, most pixels and stuck pixels can be found within your return period, so I guess if you ever have a problem like this, you will always be able to get it replaced if you discover it when you get it. If I had waited because I was lazy until after my window of opportunity, then I probably would have been disappointed =.