Question about iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AndrewR23, Jul 9, 2011.

1. AndrewR23, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2011

AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

How come when all (even the display models) iPhone 4s are tilted to the right, the color hue is different than when the phone is tilted to the left?

It's not a issue at all, just curious if any screen experts know this.

Maybe its because of the retina display?

You can still read fine during both tilts.

When tilted to right the color is very very blue, tilted left its more white and yellow.

edit. Heres how to tell, tilt your iPhone 4 left and then tilt it down while its still being tilted left.

Same with right. You will see 2 different colors. I've tested over 100 iphones at the Apple stores in SF, Cupertino, mission viejo and one in Florida.

2. flipster macrumors 6502a

Would like an answer on this as well.

For me

tilting to the right = yellow
    tilting to the left = blue

Oh and Andrew, just compared it to my friends VZW iPhone and hers is blue.. So I'll be making an appointment with apple sometime this week.

3. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

Edited first post. please read

Your tilting it wrong haha. Every single iPhone 4 does, every display at every store.

Tilting it left and right like left down and right down will create 2 different color hues.

Ya tilting mine right makes it very very blue too much blue and tilting left makes it less blue and white.

4. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

5. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

No, Flipster upload those pictures...the one where you put both tilts in the same picture. That one is perfect to describe it.

6. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Have you ever looked at a tv from different sides? You're just seein different sides of the pixels and they are displaying off the angle of the glass on different ways. There's nothing wrong with it at all. It's not a flaw. Look at the same thing on any phone that uses the same display type and you'll see the same thing.

7. flipster macrumors 6502a

Im not actualy home right now so I son have the pictures.. Go see if you still have the links from imageshack on the AIM chat.

8. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

Ooo okay, this answered my question. I know it's not a flaw, just curious haha.
    http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4936/screenshot20110709at123.png

Heres a pic