Question about iphone and AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ryanhdd, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Ryanhdd macrumors regular

So i really need to get a new phone and am planning on getting the new iphone sometime when it comes out. I currently am with alltel and my rzr screen is white and i cannot do anything but dial numbers and answer the phone. So if i go to at&crappyT and sign up with a plan till the iphone comes out, then get the iphone will i be able to get it at the 299.99 price and will my 2yr contract start over on that date. Also can you switch plans, because my soon to be wife will be coming over and then i would like to go on the family plan. I know this might have been asked but not in this way. Thanks upfront.

2. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

From what I gather, it doesn't appear that you will be able to do so.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

If your Razr is evidence of the way you treat your phone, the iPhone may be too much for you to handle, b/c it's not covered by warranty for damage brought about by the operator. You might go with v1 iPhone (eBay is a possibility) unlock and jailbreak, that way you and your "soon to be wife" can go with T-Mobile and enjoy the iPhone without video voicemail, but all the benefits of not being with AT&T. Remember, AT&T isn't for everyone, just as the iPhone isn't for everyone. Or you could wait until VZ and Alltel merge and you can get a Blackburried-Bold and extend your contract with VZ another two years, just not sure when BB-B is due out. If that doesn't work for you, you can always go for one of those iphonies with Sprint. Either way it's your decision, good luck. Check with att.com to see what you qualify for and then have them do a credit check to see if you qualify for AT&T service. :cool:

4. Ryanhdd thread starter macrumors regular

no, i treat my phone very well. it just lost the picture. i have never been able to figure out why. anyway

5. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Great way to assume how someone takes care of their phone :rolleyes: I know of plenty people who have had issues with their RAZRs. Don't judge a book by its cover.

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Good to hear; you still have a bunch of options, since your contract with Alltel hasn't run out yet. How much time is left on that contract?

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Gosh what's this button for? Oh, my it's the "Ignore List!" "Poof" Bye-bye djransom, you missed my point, though it wasn't intended for you! :eek:

8. Siron macrumors 6502

Siron

If you switch to AT&T and get a subsidized phone you will not be eligible for subsidized 3G iPhone. If you can't wait until July 12 then get cheap phone from somewhere (EBay?) and sign up with AT&T with that phone and you'll be eligible when the 3G comes out.
    hope this helps.

9. Ryanhdd thread starter macrumors regular

Well at&t reps told be this would be fine. But from reading other posts I do not believe what a local rep says. I have 11months left on my contract with alltel. I think i will just wait till july 11th then. I do not want to have to pay full price for an iphone and get stiffed with paying more contract fees.