Question about iPhone Being Hacked

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Maclovely, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Maclovely macrumors newbie

Hello everyone. This is my first post, so please be easy. If I've posted in the wrong area of the board, please let me know and direct me to the proper place. :)

With all the recent security buzz going on regarding the iPhone security risks, I have a few questions.

1) Is it possible for someone to remotely (never having physical contact of your phone) use some sort of software to "spy" on you. For example, have access to your text messages, emails, phone conversations, etc.

2) I was told by my provider that such software exists, is this true? If so, any ideas what they are?

3) In the process of trying to restore my iPhone, I accidentally deleted a whole year's worth of data. Is thre any way to retrieve this info? I have a new iPhone now.

4) If such a program that I mentioned in question 1 exists, is there a counter program to see who's doing the spying?

Thanks in advanced and sorry for so many questions. :)

2. psyduckiee macrumors regular

You seem to be so paranoid over something so small. It's just a cell phone, relax. Anything is possible nowadays, especially considering how advanced hackers have become. If you want your old information, hopefully you've been using iTunes to backup your information.

3. Maclovely thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey, I just asked some pretty straightforward questions. I don't think my "paranoia" has anything to do with what I've asked. I believe these are legitimate questions.

So I will wait for some better responses. :)

4. chr macrumors regular

answers:
    1) no
    2) no
    4) no
    4) no