Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

classie787

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
I know nobody really knows if the iPhone will be coming to Verizon within the next year, but I can't help but wonder how popular an iPod Touch would be if the iPhone was available to Verizon customers, too. Besides a smaller size and currently more storage in the highest-capacity model, why would anyone choose a Touch over the iPhone? It almost seems as if the iPod Touch 4th is for non-AT&T phone-owners.

And while I'm typing away, anybody know if/when refurbished iPhones might be available to purchase? Currently, they are going for $600/$700 (16gb/32gb) and I wish I could snatch one for a bit less...

TruckdriverSean

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2009
Texas, US
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

The iPod Touch has a couple of other targets, including those who can't get or afford a phone/smartphone yet, and those who must have a certain phone for business (BB, WinMo) and don't want a second smartphone (at their own expense). Also, some folks get a Touch for friends/family/kids to play around with, so they don't have to hand over their iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.